Umami: Rich and sweet
Texture : Sweet-creamy
Color : Intense green
How to prepare it?
You don't even need milk. The incomparable sweetness of Matcha Premium de Pousses Extra-Jeunes is such that it lends itself particularly well to a preparation with water. Rediscover your morning ritual.
Its very fine aromatic profile is best highlighted by the receptors in the middle and back of your tongue. The umami notes, its roundness and its vegetal freshness will emerge without any filter, think about it during your tasting. 😊
- For an "Usucha" matcha, that is to say the most common, you will need 2g of matcha (half a "teaspoon-full"). Place the powder in a clean bowl and dry, then add the same amount of water as the volume of matcha: a few drops are enough. Take your bamboo whisk, and by making circular movements along the sides of the bowl, brush the matcha and water in order to break up the lumps and obtain a thick cream. Take advantage of the vegetal aromas that emerge at this stage 🤤. Then add 150ml of hot water at 70 degrees and continue to beat with your bamboo whisk until the creation of a fine and delicate foam. It is recommended for this stage to beat from left to right in a perfectly straight and very energetic way, and not with circular movements.
- The water temperature should not exceed 80 degrees, otherwise the matcha will develop bitterness. Its precious nutrients and subtle taste should not be cooked!
Be careful when transporting an open jar! We advise you to put it very carefully in your bag / suitcase so as not to shake the matcha powder inside the jar. Otherwise, it is likely that the powder will fall into the area between the jar and the lid, then when opening the powder may escape, which would be particularly pity.
• Free delivery for orders over 69 Euros / CHF.
• Shipped in 1 working day, delivery in 48-72 hours in Europe.
• We only ship matcha freshly ground, guaranteeing the best quality, and work just in time with Japan. So when demand is high, it may be possible to wait 2-3 more days for the next delivery from Kyoto, as we are not shipping second grade matcha. We will contact you by phone or email if necessary.
Our tea is 100% guaranteed, we have absolute confidence in the quality of the products we offer you. Matcha Botanicals is a team of passionate people who have nothing in mind to sell products that we are proud of. These are varieties carefully selected, developed and studied by our producers and with our tea master. The cultivation and manufacturing process is the subject of our full attention, because we are the first consumers of our products, and constantly in search of the best. 💯
As specialists in traditional Japanese Matcha, we exclusively distribute Matcha from equally passionate family farms, all members of the Japan Tea Association, and all producing traditional Japanese Matcha since the 18th century.
Their production methods are on quality standards much higher than that of the "BIO" standards, a simple comparison with a single cup between a "BIO" commercial matcha and those from the plantations that we offer is eloquent!
For our producers, it does not make sense to pay dearly for an ORGANIC label which would guarantee a lower quality than the real quality of their products, while increasing their costs. The production is analyzed regularly to guarantee its quality as strictly as a traditional Organic Matcha. 🌳
Once harvested, the leaves are washed and steamed to freeze their aromas. The steam forms a protective film around the leaf, which allows it to retain its properties. They are then dried in hot air in large nets, and stored.
Less than 30 days before landing in your cup, the leaves are ground, then shipped by boat and train 🚞 to Europe, guaranteeing unparalleled freshness and an exemplary carbon footprint 🌈.
By the way, cultivating a tea plant is like planting a young tree every 5 years.